Re: OT: iptables-like firewall for windows?

On Fri, 22 Aug 2003 16:06:39 -0500,
Shawn <core@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<1061586399.18527.102.camel@localhost>:

> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 08:26, Jason Joines wrote:
> >   We have a completely Linux back-end environment but unfortunately
> > hundreds of windows desktops.  I'm pretty tired of all the attacks
> > on the unprotected windows boxes but don't have the authority to put
> > up a network firewall.  We protect all of our Linux servers with
> > iptables. Does anyone know of a similar tool for windows,
> > particularly w2k?  The built-in stuff seems to be virtually
> > worthless.
>
> I take issue with that statement. It's /actually/ worthless!
>
> google kerio personal firewall

..you have no autority???  Lay off!  "Not my problem.".

..defend your own turf, the Linux boxes.  _I_ would make
_sure_ I had _no_ responsibility on the Wintendos.

..be _evil_, if any Wintendoite whines, tell'em about knoppix.net,
netfilter, shorewall.net and webmin.com, ipcop.org if they can spare
an extra old box in their home lan, "but here at work I have _no_
authority, and, thank God, _no_ responsibility, Insh'Allah!", etc.

..you _have_ such responsibility?  Show your spine.  Quit.
Let them wail.  Tell'em your price.  No time for mercy.

..if they fall into bankruptcy, with _your_ hand on the Wintendo
wheel, it _is_ _your_ _own_ fault.

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: