Re: Blocking Kazaa

I don't know much about Kazzaa I never used it...but you said you checked the
connection ports right? What about source ports. Check both the source and the
destination port(s) and see if you see any consistencies. Sometimes you don't
need to block ALL ports just the ones that initiate a connection.

Hope this helps
SBlaze

--- Jean-Rene Cormier <jean-rene.cormier@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Anybody know a way of blocking Kazaa? I've tried the string matching way
> but it doesn't seem to work. I tried logging all connections from  my
> windows desktop so I could see to which port it connects and it connects
> to so many different port that you basically need to block ports 1000 to
> 4000 but after that it connects to port 80 which obviously I can't
> block. I installed ethereal on the windows desktop to check which string
> I could filter but couldn't find anything useful.
>
> Anybody have an idea what can be done? I'm thinking another option would
> be to block the IP of the servers but there seem to be quite a list...
> that's if it doesn't just try some random IPs...
>
> Jean-Rene Cormier

=====
"Winky is not knowing how sir, winky is not knowing how?" -=Winky / Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire=-"