Re: port-based filtering of IPsec packets?

Garcia Ruiz wrote:
| Maybe I'm wrong because I don't know very well the way IPSec traffic is
| encrypted-decrypted inside the firewall, but I think that in one side
| (external interface, internet) there is IPSec protocol (protocols 50, 51)
| and in other side (internal interface, intranet) there are plain protocols
| and ports. Couldn't be possible to filter taking into account the internal
| interface where it is suppose not to be encrypted?

In a freeSwan scenario you have Interfaces called ipsec0, ipsec1, etc.
You do your filtering using them as the source/dest interface to be able
to filter traffic leaving your vpn tunnel or entering your vpn tunnel.

See the PCX Firewall (http://pcxfirewall.sf.net/) for a script that will
help you automate creating these rules.  It supports freeSwan vpns out
of the box (though you still have to configure freeSwan).

| JBGR

- -- James A. Pattie james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Linux  --  SysAdmin / Programmer
Xperience, Inc.
http://www.pcxperience.com/
http://www.xperienceinc.com/

GPG Key Available at http://www.pcxperience.com/gpgkeys/james.html

-- This message has been scanned for viruses and dangerous content by MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.