Re: SNAT kills local stuff?

Please tell us what you mean by "connect out". Do you mean connections to any other host or do you mean connections to hosts outside your LAN?

My guess is that the problem occurs because all packets go through the POSTROUTING chain, not only packets that will go to the Internet. That's why most examples use (only) -o.

I'd suggest to analyze your IP-Traffic with ethereal.

WM