IP Issue

I have a firewall with 6 network cards, now 2 of the cards have IP address'es
within a range that is subnetted  (DMZa and DMZb). When I try to http browse
a server on DMZa then I get and error unless I ping it first.
I have heard from someone that linux has a arp problem with IP's within the
same range, is this true or someone know what the issue could be?

Paulo