Re: Ip handling

Op donderdag 19 juni 2003 15:59, schreef Ramin Dousti:
> Thanks, Julian, for the complement.
>
> Now back to Mr arrogant: what the original poster was asking was
> how to "spoof" back to his own network, which sounded illogical;
> hence my question. Although, George Vieira sent a very nice
> application for this in a private email to me. Now, as a general
> rule, you either know the answer to a question (even a wrong one
> will be tolerated) or just shutup.
>
> Ramin

Mr arrogant ?, cause i feel this question is way of toppic ? it is.
If it wasn't, wy did you receive a private mail ,and not through
netfilter-list ? That software is no Netfilter-topic, so "Spoofing HowTo" is
also no Netfilter-topic.

AND:

1) The linux-kernel is protected for it (spoofing) by default.
2) iptables can block spoofing as well.
3) It works great.

There are several options to stop spoofing, that are functioning great, so
what more do you need to know ?

The exploits where i was talking about ,have nothing to do with iptables
directly.

All we need to know is what spoofing is about ( not how it is done), for
iptables to make rules against spoofing.

> > >Find it out yourself , it's not even apropriate to ask such a thing.
> > >
> > >Since this is a netfilter mailing-list no hackers-chat page.
> > >
> > >but nice try
> >
> > I've seen Ramin post to this list a long time already, though he's been
> > quite for the past 6-8 months at least I think :-) So, if by the above
> > you are sorta implying he's some sort of script kiddie; you've probably
> > got the wrong person targetted.
> >
> > A number of times, knowing the problem in full can lead to better ways of
> > handling the problem, with better tools - rather than a kludged solution.
> > Oh,.. before I forget, a number of his posts have been nothing short of
> > extremely informative -- so the hostile behaviour is not really required.

Julian,

No offend Julian, but by vieuwing someones e-mail , you can tell if someone is
not a script-kiddy ?
Whauw, how do you do that, teach me . :-)

> > USG && George Bush : Rot in hell.

Pascal