From: Bob Keyes [mailto:bob@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2003 10:26 PM
Cc: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: how to filter kazaa

All this talk of blocking kazaa seems a bit crazy to me. Don't you think
that someone from Kazaa is reading this list? You certainly know they
could. Each time you find a way to block kazaa they can work around your
blocking. Instead of the arms race, how about a truce? How about detecting
Kazaa packets and marking them as 'high throughput', and then using a
bandwidth management algorithm to keep kazaa users happy without making
the internet unusable for the rest of us.

If you are unlucky enough to have to pay by bytes transferred, then I
might suggest that you budget usage. I am sure that the average office
worker doesn't use more than 300mb of Internet bandwidth a day, which I
voracious p2p user certainly would.