From: Paul Clark [mailto:paul@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, May 24, 2003 3:07 AM
To: netfilter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: REDIRECT after SNAT?

Hi,

Is there any way to force a REDIRECT to (e.g.) a local Web server _after_
SNAT has been done?  I have a Truly Evil Scheme to map VLANs to SNAT address
ranges, and I want it to work with a transparent proxy -on the same device-
(I'm pretty sure it would work fine split across two devices).

The problem is that the SNAT has to happen in nat:POSTROUTING, and REDIRECTs
have to happen in nat:PREROUTING - so by the time my Evil SNAT Hackery has
happened, it's too late to force it to the local machine.

Is there such a thing as a 'retry this packet from the beginning' target?

Thanks in advance

Paul