From: tr-huso [mailto:tr-huso@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, May 23, 2003 11:38 PM
To: Netfilter Mailing List
Subject: How to set up

Hi group.

I'm new to this group, so here is my setup:
A linux box (Red Hat 7.3) that is connected to the www and also works as a
router for the rest of the network. It also runs an Apache webserver, and will
also run a proftpd ftp-server soon.
A Windows XP machine that is used for anything else, connectes to the internet
through the linux. Thanks to Samba the windows machine has some network
directories on the linux box.

Now I want to secure this thing, and I also want to log what's happening on
the linux-box.

I've read a few articles on iptables, and read a few newsgroup-posts related
to the topic.

I've also seen a few scripts that I might use, if someone can point out which
one to use, I'm more than happy...

yours,

Trond