tears of joy! (was "Re: ready to cry over NATting!")

Hi, all --

I am thrilled to say that I FINALLY had my first successful test tonight:

  linux:/tmp # iptables -t nat -vL
  Chain PREROUTING (policy ACCEPT 567 packets, 47480 bytes)
   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source           destination

  Chain POSTROUTING (policy ACCEPT 527 packets, 32365 bytes)
   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source           destination
     20  1118 MASQUERADE  all  --  any    eth1    anywhere         anywhere

  Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT 307 packets, 18553 bytes)
   pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source           destination

Woo hoo!  Thanks to the invaluable help of Ralf and Julian and Guillermo,
in particular, as well as the other notes and tips that rolled in.

Now to 1) make it a boot script so that it will run all of the time and 2)
make it a wee bit more secure (though it's not as loose as it could be)
and then post a summary :-)

Thanks again & HAND & stay tuned

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.