Re: SuSEfirewall2 and NAT help : i am so lost!

Hi again, all --

...and then David T-G said...
%
% ...and then Jeremy C. Reed said...
% %
% % On Thu, 15 May 2003, David T-G wrote:
% %
% % > generally poked and prodded everywhere I can, I've come up with many "you
% % > need to turn on NAT" but no pointers to how to do so!
% %
% % Go to the netfilter webpage. Click on Documentation.
% % Then read the NAT HOWTO for your preferred language. A quick example is at
% % http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO-4.html
%
% Oooh, perfect.  It actually sounds like I need
%
%   Packet Filtering HOWTO: 'Mixing NAT and Packet Filtering'
%
% but I'll find that -- unless some kind soul points me to it first :-)

I looked at tldp.org before I realized that it's on the netfilter page as
referred above :-)

I believe I've done the simple setup, but it still doesn't work for me.
I checked and found

  linux:~ # cat /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
  1

so that should be fine.

I've attached `iptables -L` so that you can see if anything looks wrong.
Thanks again!

HAND

:-D
(play) davidtg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx * society and not sufficient moral courage.
(work) davidtgwork@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  -- Mary Baker Eddy, "Science and Health"

Chain INPUT (policy DROP)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state RELATED,ESTABLISHED
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             255.255.255.255    udp spt:bootps dpt:bootpc
ACCEPT     icmp --  anywhere             anywhere           icmp echo-request
ACCEPT     udp  --  dns1.rcsntx.sbcglobal.net  anywhere           state NEW udp spt:domain dpts:1024:65535
ACCEPT     udp  --  dns1.snfcca.sbcglobal.net  anywhere           state NEW udp spt:domain dpts:1024:65535
LOG        tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN LOG level warning tcp-options ip-options prefix `SuSE-FW-DROP-NEW-CONNECT '
ACCEPT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state ESTABLISHED udp dpts:61000:65095
input_ext  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain FORWARD (policy DROP)
TCPMSS     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp flags:SYN,RST/SYN TCPMSS clamp to PMTU
reject_func  all  --  anywhere             anywhere
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED

Chain input_ext (1 references)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED tcp dpt:mysql
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED tcp dpt:ssh
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED tcp dpt:ftp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           state NEW,RELATED,ESTABLISHED tcp dpt:telnet
reject_func  tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ident flags:SYN,RST,ACK/SYN
reject_func  all  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain reject_func (3 references)
REJECT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with tcp-reset
REJECT     udp  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with icmp-port-unreachable
REJECT     all  --  anywhere             anywhere           reject-with icmp-proto-unreachable