Local rule for Port Forward

RH72 with iptables v1.2.5-3

I'm doing port forwarding to a server that runs jabber and everything
works fine, I did notice that if I bring up a jabber client on the
firewall itself I do not get connected.  While this isn't really
needed... I don't totally understand why it doesn't work.  Being
inquisitive... well I just gots to know why!  Can anyone shed some
light?

My rules for the jabber port forward are:

iptables -A FORWARD
         -i $ExIF -d $JabIP -p tcp --dport $JabPort
         -j ACCEPT
iptables -A PREROUTING
         -t nat -d $ExIP -p tcp --dport $JabPort
         -j DNAT --to-destination $JabIP
iptables -A POSTROUTING
         -t nat -d $JabIP -p tcp --dport $JabPort
         -j SNAT --to-source $InIP