Re: Hoax..

On 23 Apr 2003 13:02:33 -0400,
Joel Newkirk <netfilter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<1051117353.25368.12.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 12:26, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> > On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 09:07:28 -0400,

> > >     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> > > The Hint this this is a hoax..(I mean to a mailing list?)
> >
> > ..this went to and __thru__ the netfilter list ?????????
> > I thought is was only my ~/.procmailrc having a hickup.
>
> Someone harvested the archives of this mailinglist for email
> addresses, and is sending various forms of these "Nigerian 419 scam"

..the Africans should make the Nigerians ban this idiocy, it hurts
everybodys business, I mean filtering on "business" and all African
country names, as most people end up doing, will deny _all_ African
businesses, _any_ fair business online, because of this Nigerian
"419" criminal idiocy and vice versa.

..face it, with Nigerian "419", who needs racism?  ;-)

> associated conversations, and I get about one of these every 2-3 weeks
> now at that address.
>
> They're mailing direct to the email addresses found in the archive.

..ah.  Gentlemen, mod your ~/.procmailrc to only accept posts
from netfilter-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Next step would be
GPG signatures and autoforward anything that fails, to the Law.

> I forward them to the Secret Service, who collect these in the US.

..automagically?  ;-)

  Scenarios always come in sets of three: