VPN (PPTP) Port forwarding on RH 8.0 (Kernel 2.4.18-14)

Hello,

I am setting up a firewall using iptables and I would like to add an entry
that would allow PPTP to be rerouted to an internal Win2k VPN server.

Do I need to make any changes in the kernel to allow the handling of this
type of packet?  What would the iptable entry look like since I would need
port 1723 TCP/UDP with the protocol 47 to pass through? How can I see if
forwarding is enabled in the kernel?  Is there anything else I might also
need to get this to work?

NAT is working well, but I can't get port forwarding to pass through to the
internal servers; http, port 80, for example.

Thank you in advance for your help.

James D. Parra
JamesP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx