RE: VPN (PPTP) Port forwarding on RH 8.0 (Kernel 2.4.18-14)

> Do I need to make any changes in the kernel to allow the
> handling of this type of packet?  What would the iptable
> entry look like since I would need port 1723 TCP/UDP with the
> protocol 47 to pass through? How can I see if forwarding is
> enabled in the kernel?
If your running a generic kernel and netfilter installation you need to
apply the pom patch for pptp
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/pomlist/pom-extra.html#pptp-connt
rack-nat
Then just follow the instructions.

> NAT is working well, but I can't get port forwarding to pass
> through to the internal servers; http, port 80, for example.
What your trying to do is a DNAT .....   See link below
http://www.netfilter.org/documentation/HOWTO//NAT-HOWTO-10.html