Re: Urgent Help needed.... please.

Hi Steve,

If you have been hacked, then at least you have taken the necessary first step
by shutting down, but it doesn't appear like you have cleaned your system or
reinstalled it. I would do that before anything else, to ensure that I have
_no_ bad dudes left on my machine. Then secondly, I would patch the server
with all relevant patches.

Secondly your script is very IP centric, all destinations for everything is
based on IP's, why don't you try to simply fy your script, so it only meets
your explicit demands. First of all, you could disallow packets from the
Internet to the INPUT chain and only accept FORWARD packets which are
related/established from inside.

Finally, if you have an immediate problem, try to make a script that restarts
your Internet connection and put the firewall script into this, so your
firewall is being restarted as well.

Nomatter what, please give some ideas about your network setup - it will help
with understanding how we can help you.

/Kim