Urgent Help needed.... please.

Hi,

A week ago I put a dedicated server on the internet. 2
days ago a hacker got into my system and caused many
problems through a security flaw in the version of SSH
I am running. Last night he tried again, however I
locked the machine down so even I couldn't get into
it, and he had no success.

I have now changed over to giptables (which is great)
but I have a few problems.

If I connect to my server, run the firewall,
everything is ok. I can look at webpages, SSH, etc
from my home system. If I shutdown my home system, and
re-dial to the net, the firewall blocks eveything! I
can't even ping my server. My parents computer can't
access my server either. This is very frustrating, can
anybody please help me here. I suspect that DNS is
being blocked?

I have attached my firewall script.

If anyone could give me some guidance I'd be very
grateful.

Thanks,

Steve Q.