Re: block kazaa

Hi

Even if kazaa uses ports that can be set by the user, there must surely
be some kind of control connection when the client starts up that it
uses to establish connection to the kazaa network and tell other clients
about it's port number.

Just try to figure out (ethereal, tcpdump) what the initial connection
is. With gnutella there is an initial http connection to the 'servers'.

Ray

--
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(  Raymond Leach                       )
 ) Knowledge Factory                  (
(                                      )
 ) Tel: +27 11 445 8100               (
(  Fax: +27 11 445 8101                )
 )                                    (
(  http://www.knowledgefactory.co.za/  )
 ) http://www.saptg.co.za/            (
(  http://www.mapnet.co.za/            )