Re: help on DMZ project

--On Thursday, March 13, 2003 05:16:27 PM +0800 louie miranda <lmiranda@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Could this be done? And which documents should i read? I currently have a different network that i am masquerading right now. But i had never tried a dmz type that is so complicated yet for me.

Hope i could have feedback on my problem!

You might take a look at Shorewall (http://www.shorewall.net) -- it makes setting up these types of configurations much easier than it would be by hand. Start with http://www.shorewall.net/shorewall_setup_guide.htm to get an idea of your options. While that document describes just a three-interface firewall with DMZ, extending it to include more networks is straightforward.

-Tom
--
Tom Eastep   \ Shorewall - iptables made easy
Shoreline,    \ http://www.shorewall.net