RE: How to keep record of repeat attackers?

>>Your first problem is defining "offenders", then "repeat offenders" and
>>"attackers".  Do you mean simply to track everyone who attempts to
>>connect to you?  I presume you don't expect much if any legitimate
>>incoming NEW traffic if this is the intent?

Thanks for the response Joel.  What I'd like to track are the IP addresses
that get denied or rejected, and the deny/reject rules that get accessed
frequently.  In other words, I'd like to track repeated, obvious, malicious
connections.  I'd like to know if the same person is relentlessly chipping
away at my firewall, looking for weaknesses.

I'll take a look at http://ntop.org.  That looks pretty good.

George