Re: rules for Real's Helix Universal Media Server?

On Wednesday 05 March 2003 03:30 am, Jean-Christian Imbeault wrote:
> Joel Newkirk wrote:
> > http://service.real.com/help/library/guides/helixuniversalproxy/htmf
> >iles/firewall.htm#198350
>
> Sorry for my late reply to this message but I was busy setting up
> other machines.
>
> The link you give is for a Universal Proxy server. I am using a Helix
> Universal Media Server. It's a streaming media server, not a proxy
> server.

Um, did you follow the link?  The Universal Proxy Server is the first
part, but that whole section encompasses ports used by Universal Proxy,
Media clients, and Universal Servers.  I actually noticed the subject of
the request you posted, and when I decided to spend a few hours
researching it and replying I actually dug around to find out what Helix
is and how it works...

If it'll make you more comfortable, here's a link that doesn't have the
word 'proxy' embedded in it:

http://service.real.com/help/library/guides/helixuniversalserver/htmfiles/firewall.htm