Re: Rejecting udp

> > I agree that it is important to block certain UDP ports/traffic.  What
> > the issue is, is what is the purpose of REJECTing a UDP packet versus
> > DROPping the UDP packet?  My point is, sending back a REJECT message
> > doesn't make sense with UDP.
Why not? RFCs say that a closed UDP port should elicit
icmp dest.unreach./port unreach.
So it does make sens to be in conformance with the standards.

That is how portscanners see if a port is closed or not. If you drop the
packets, it may mean that the port is either open or is filtered.

Regards,
Maciej