Re: Rejecting udp

I am trying to remember my networking class (/me shakes the cobwebs out)

I think that the original question is a good question.  UDP packets
(legitimately) arriving at my computer are not acknowledged.  That is, I
don't tell the sender "Yeah, I got that packet.  Thanks."  Nor, do I tell
the sender "Whoops.  I didn't quite get all of that last packet.  Could
you send it again?" So, REJECTing a UDP packet doesn't make sense.  The
sender isn't looking for any type of OK message or anything for that
matter.  In fact, where would the REJECT message go?  Does the sender even
have a listen port open?

But then again, I could be completely wrong.

Regards,
Skip