ICMP: What should be blocked?

I been googling the web trying to find what rules I should set up for ICMP but I've seen some people say one thing while other say something completely different.

One question I have not been able to find an answer to though, should I block ICMP messages of type 11 (TTL exceeded)?

Also if anyone knows of a good resource that explains what ICMP messages I should block (why and how :) could they let me know? I understand that it of course depends on my level of paranoia and how friendly I want to be to the rest of the net, but I get the feeling from my readings that the are some ICMP messages that just should not be let through a firewall ....

Thanks,

Jc