Re: lan users surfing on lan webserver

I'm configuring a firewall on a network where we have put
the webserver on the inside of the firewall and given it
a reserved ip-address.
I have done the appropriate forwarding so that the webserver
can be reached from the internett. Trouble is, users on the
LAN have to use its internal ip-address to reach the web-
pages. I know I can set up an internal dns-server to fix this,
but I was hoping it would be possible to solve this with some
more ip-forwarding.

Is it possible to forward internal requests going to the
external webserver-address back into it's internal address?

Is it recommended? :)
Not quite sure what you're actually after, but to
me it sounds as if what you *really* need is Squid
and transparent proxying :)

Cheers,
Tink