RE: connection track == stateful inspection(Check Point Firewall)???

> connection track(Iptables) and stateful
> inspection(Check Point Firewall) is same???
> I think:
> connection track is only "track", can not filter.
> stateful inspection can filter according to the packet
> information. Is that correct? what is the difference between
> connection track and stateful inspection???

I think you misunderstood something ; iptables is the userspace program
for Netfilter.
As in NetFILTER. Which means it is able to filter.
That's why there are 3 tables with filter being the default table.

You can filter just fine using iptables. And you can make it stateful by
using the conntrack modules.

Gr,
Rob