Re: Measuring traffic that goes thrugh a specific IP

On Thursday 06 February 2003 07:33 am, gummi7@simnet.is wrote:
> "If you mean that the specific IP is simply a router somewhere that
> the traffic 'might happen' to pass through in its travels" That's
> exactly what I want to do :(
> I can always find out if a packet passes trough that specifec IP(the
> one I want to measure, therefore being internatoinal) by using a tool
> like DOS's "tracert", doesn't that help? Do you know of a program for
> linux that does what I am trying to do?

"traceroute" is the Linux equivalent of "tracert".  It will trace a route
to a given IP, and note all the IP's along the way.  It doesn't let you
measure traffic from your box that flows through a given IP, though, and
doesn't assure that your traffic actually follows that exact route.