libiptc/rules with MAC match

Hello netfilter folks,

  I wonder if this is the right list, I got soem questions concerning
  libiptc and acquiring rules and setting rules with it. I read all
  documents I could find, as well as part of iptable sources and the
  header files etc. .
  Yet there's some things I don't seem to get straight.

  If I fetch the rules of a chain, I'll get a struct ipt_entry (well,
  actually a pointer, but this won'T matter for now). There's all
  kinda src,dst ips,netmasks etc. flags.

  Within this struct there an ipt_ip struct, with the properties:
  char iniface[IFNAMSIZ], outiface[IFNAMSIZ];
  unsigned char iniface_mask[IFNAMSIZ], outiface_mask[IFNAMSIZ];

  What's the difference between those two ?

  The other thing is, assuming I have a rule, which matches a MAC
  Adress, how do I get the MAC Adress (and if such a matching is in
  the rule). From what I've understood, there's the target_offset
  counter, which helps me on that.

  Even more intriguing is the following question to me:

  I can see, there's a function to get the target.
  Assuming I want to set a rule, how do I set the target properly, and
  how do I set a MAC matching ?

  I couldn't find anything in particular on that and would apprechiate
  any help on that

--
Best regards,
 DarKRaveR                          mailto:DarKRaveR@habitat-b.de