Re: Allowing select IPs access to a single port

Assining the service your remote hosts are trying to access are on the firewall box and its a service that uses the TCP transport protocol, you could try something like the following:

iptables -A INPUT  -s remoteip -p tcp -d yourfirewallip --dport 3306 -j ACCEPT

If the service is on another pc on the internal network:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -s remoteip -p tcp -d yourfirewallip --dport 3306 -j DNAT --to internalhostip

and in the case your internal service is running on a different port, e.g 4000:

iptables -A PREROUTING -t nat -s remoteip -p tcp -d yourfirewallip --dport 3306 -j DNAT --to internalhostip:4000

Hope this helps. I'll soon be covering IPTables on my website so you can check in a few weeks times, hopefully I'll have it posted by then:

Cheers,
Chris Partsenidis.
Systems Network Administrator
Email: Chris@firewall.cx