Measuring traffic that goes thrugh a specific IP

Hello

I'm a linux/iptables/netfilter newbie, but I want to ask you a simple question.
It's a long story and unrellevant to tell you why I want to do it so i'll just get straigt to the point.

I want to be able to measure(with my linux router) all the traffic from the computers on my network that go thrugh a specifc IP number wich is located in another place in my country. That is, if a computer on my network accesses a website and goes trough a specifed IP number to get that website, I want to be able to measure the amount of data that goes trough that specified IP number, but only the data on my behalf. Note that I do not have phisical(nor telnet or ssh) access to the router with the specifed IP number that I want to measure.

Can I do that with iptables and/or ipfilter? A yes is all I have to hear if that is possible but an example or a little help wouldn't hurt :)

With reagards, Guğmundur Viktorsson

ps. Please say so if I don't make myself clear enough.