Broken MS tcp new not syn: better to REJECT or DROP?

Hi,

We've a recent install of iptables and came across the broken ms tcp problem. I was wondering, would rejecting the packet be faster than dropping it for the client? Comparing the webserv and iptables logs there doesn't seem to be much correlation. If there is, presumably the client will wait for a timeout before sending a proper syn packet. Or is IE too dumb to recognise the reject? Also has anyone found a good way to test this?

thanks in advance