Help, need a rule to match packets based on the next-hop chosen by 'ip route'

We are trying to match packets based on the next-hop.

Our configuration is a linux box with one WAN ethernet port (adding a second WAN ethernet port is not an option) connected to a hub which is connected to two different internet links. We are using NAT between our LAN and the two links. The problem is that even though we can equally distribute traffic to the two links, we can't modify the outbound source address to match the proper internet link.

We need a POSTROUTING rule to find out the next-hop chosen by 'ip route' and then change the source IP address to match the associated internet link. Has anyone tried anything like this, how difficult would it be to write such a patch???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.