Re: ssh

El Mar 14 Ene 2003 21:28, Simpson, Doug escribió:
> whoops - forgot this is a dual homed computer and I am opening the eth0 to
> the outside world for ssh.
> I did find this -
> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn --destination-port 22 -j ACCEPT

With this rule you mean you accept every incoming packet from the internet
through the por 22, and specially packets with the SYN,RST,ACK bit sets to 1
(you accept people should establish a connection to the 22 port)

> iptables -A INPUT -p tcp --syn -j DROP

And, out of that, every incoming TCP packet, DROPs

-Miguel Angel Baeyens

KeyID: 0x6FB7A511 en rediris.es