From: Athan [mailto:netfilter@miggy.org]
Sent: Friday, January 10, 2003 7:33 PM
To: Amit Kumar Gupta
Cc: netfilter@lists.netfilter.org
Subject: Re: Reg iptables Connection tracking

On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 10:33:48AM +0530, Amit Kumar Gupta wrote:
> As soon as somebody pings to my m/c , that fellow doesn't get the
reply
> and on my m/c , kernel keeps dumping certain messages which are like
> this :-
>
> Ip_contrack: maximum limit of 1016 entries exceeded.

   echo 32760 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_conntrack_max

Works to increase the size of the table.  I had a problem with a default
of ~4092 for this when I was copying LOTS of files between machines
using "get -R directory" in ncftp.  The above cured it.

HTH,

-Ath
--
- Athanasius = Athanasius(at)miggy.org / http://www.miggy.org/