Does anyone know what triggers the digests to be sent ?

I asked this question to the list admin but got no response, so I'll try here and see if have more luck.

Does anyone know what triggers the digest version of this list to be sent out ? It seems to come too frequently to really be much of a digest - I've had several arrive per day with maybe half a dozen messages in them, where I'ld have preferred one message with 25 messages.

Does anyone have admin rights to check/change these settings ?