RE: Does IPTables have a 1:1 port-forwarding capability for a DNAT port-range ?

Hi Andrea,

I was hoping that the answer would be "Yes, IPTables can do it", but I
think you are right. As a matter of fact, I have been looking into the
NetFilter code for the last couple of days and I was hoping that I
didn't need to hack the kernel code (cos its not documented). But it
looks like I will have to.

Anyways, I will take my query to the developer-mailing list and post a
reply here once everything is sorted out. In the meantime if anyone has
an architectural overview of Netfilter, one that maps out the
interactions between the various components and layers, I'd really
really like to get my hands on it!

Thanks for your help, Andrea.

Ranjeet Shetye
Senior Software Engineer