Re: Does IPTables have a 1:1 port-forwarding capability for a DNATport-range ?

Ranjeet Shetye wrote:
The reason for wanting a 1:1 rule is for X windows and other fat port
ranges. Dont want hundreds of rules in there if one can do the job. Can
IPTables do it ? If so how ? If not, I guess I'll have to get in touch
with the developers for tips on a good starting point.
I believe that the only way is to hack nat code.
I will start looking in
net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_nat_core.c
and the function manip_pkt that, as far as I understand, is actually
writing the NATed packet
andrea