ip_conntrack: table full, dropping packet.

I have built a firewall on 2.4.8-17 kernel which has 2 Mb of traffic going in
an out of it.

I recently added a line :
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISED,RELATED -J ACCEPT

Now I can see the lines "ip_conntrack : table full, dropping packet" in my
kern.log.

Does dropping packets means that it is actually dropping the packets or just
truncating the file /proc/net/ip_conntrack , does this affect my client's
connections???

--
Best regards,

Vicky Shrestha