is iptable being commercially used???

On Wednesday 30 October 2002 10:24 am, Ben Tan wrote:

> hi,
>     I am currently picking to learn this wonderful free tool.
>
>     but would like to know whether it is being used commercially. However,
> I would like to know why it is not as popular as checkpoint or cisco pix?

They have a bigger marketing budget.

Same reason why so many people use Microsoft Windows - doesn't mean they've
looked around for the best O/S, realised that MS write the best software, and
paid the money for it - it means they got it free on their PC when they
bought it, they don't know there's an alternative available, or they believe
that all the advertising they see must mean it's the best thing to use.

There are more commercial products using netfilter than you might realise.

With some of them it can be difficult to find out whether they're based on
netfilter or not.   I don't know why.

Antony.

--

What is this talk of software 'release' ?
Our software evolves and matures until it becomes capable of escape,