confusion about mangle

Hi :)
I noticed that 2 releases ago (1.2.6) the mangle table
acquired some new chains... 3 to be exact. How do
these new chains effect the flow of packets? Does
anyone have it laid out somewhere? I am really trying
hard to imagine the benefits of adding those
particular chains, since the docs said never to filter
in the mangle table. Could someone enumerate on this
please? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

=====
Kevin C. McConnell --RHCE-- <Red Hat Certified Engineer>