prevent script kiddies to abuse my ppp connection

Hello,

I have a ppp connection to the internet. My connection is limited to
30 hours per month so I am watching it pretty closely. I have set up
pppd to timeout after 3 minutes of inactivity. This works most of the
time.

Some time it doesn't. Once I left my computer for an hour and I was
surprised to see that the connection was still on! I thought that one
of my proces was using the connection so i did a quick dump of ppp0. I
was surprise to see that some script kiddy was looking at my netbios
port!

Now I have been thinking of ways to prevent these silliness from
shutting down my conneciton within 3mn. If I firewall these incoming
packets I believe that it won't help me. The blocked packet will still
traverse the ppp link. So it will still be seen as "activity" to the
ppp daemon. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Is there a way to setup the the firewall to shutdown ppp if it doesnt
see any valid packets within a given time limit?

Love to hear some suggestions.

Please CC me, I am not subscribed to the mailing list.

Ivan
--
|     "...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and       |        Ivan Kanis       |