Is there something wrong with patch-o-matic?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Brandon Broyles" <netfilter@drbroyles.com>
To: <fabrice@netfilter.org>; <netfilter@lists.netfilter.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 24, 2002 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: Am I making a bone-headed mistake with patch-o-matic ?

> From what I read in the above link, I think something may be wrong with my
> patch-o-matic I got via CVS.  I ran a (./runme base) and I got the following
> output.  In this output the only thing that is "Already applied:" is the
> first line.  Nothing else seems to be applied after that.  Plus, that link
> above references  switches ( Do you want to apply this patch [N/y/t/f/q/?] )
> that I am not getting.

I think I may have a clue on where to start.  I was looking at the 'isapplied'
script that came with patch-o-matic.  In line 32 it references a command that
doesn't exist for me.  It reads as such...

MISSING_FILES=`patch -R -s -f -p1 < $PATCH | grep "No file to patch" | wc -l`

I have no 'patch' command and there isn't one anywhere under my netfilter
directory I got from CVS.  I'm not too keen with shell scripting, so I'm not
sure how the absence of a patch command will effect the overall workings of the
'runme' script.

Is this as it should be or is something wrong with the patch-o-matic that I
downloaded?

Thanks,
Brandon Broyles