Am I making a bone-headed mistake with patch-o-matic ?

Hello.  I am interested in installing the time extension to iptables but I
am unable to run the following command ...

    iptables -m time

I get the resulting output ...

    iptables v1.2.7a: Couldn't load match
`time':/usr/local/lib/iptables/libipt_time.so: cannot open object file: No
such file or directory

I obviously don't have that file.  I've tried running patch-o-matic like so

    KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux-2.4.19 | ./runme base  (this is run from
within the patch-o-matic directory)

Everything looks like it works fine, so I go to my kernel source directory
and run a 'make menuconfig' but I don't see any new options for any of the
extension patches that should be installed now.  Am I making a bone-headed
mistake and just completely missing something?  I am running RedHat 7.2 and
obviously trying to setup kernel 2.4.19.  I got the latest patch-o-matic via
cvs and I installed iptables 1.2.7a from a tar.bz2 file from netfilter.org.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Brandon Broyles