New to IP Tables

I just started using IP Tables and have a question. I was not able to find
the answer in any of the docs I've read so far.
I have a machine that I am using as a router and running Ip Tables on it.
Here is a list of my tables.

[root@qa-gate root]# iptables -L
Chain INPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain FORWARD (policy ACCEPT)
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:http
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ftp-data

ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:ftp
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:domain
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:26
DROP       tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere

Chain OUTPUT (policy ACCEPT)

Chain test (0 references)

I am not able to pass any data through the router. Here is the scenario, I
want to access a Web Site which is on the other side of the router. The way
that I interpret this is that the packet will get passed to the first chain
which is
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere           tcp dpt:http
and be let through, yet this is not happening. All tcp traffic is being
blocked which is defined by my 6th rule. I guess I am not understanding
this, but I would think that the packet would match the first rule and be
passed through. The following chains would be ignored, but this is not the
case.  My logic is probably wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David