New to IP Tables

On Thursday 14 November 2002 12:31 am, David Reta wrote:

> I just started using IP Tables and have a question. I was not able to find
> the answer in any of the docs I've read so far.
> I have a machine that I am using as a router and running Ip Tables on it.
> Here is a list of my tables.

Please repost your rules as the 'iptables' commands which are used to set
them up, not the output of 'iptables -L' (this does not give all the
information, and is not a friendly format for most of us to read).

Just as an offchance thought, have you got
echo 1 >/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
somewhere in your startup scripts, so that the box can forward packets at
all,even if they're not blocked by netfilter ?

Antony.

--

In science, one tries to tell people
in such a way as to be understood by everyone

In poetry, it is the exact opposite.

 - Paul Dirac