Re: iptables user space performance benchmarks published

Am 22.06.20 um 18:23 schrieb Stefano Brivio:
> By the way, now nftables should natively support all the features from
> ipset.
>
> My plan (for which I haven't found the time in months) would be to
> write some kind of "reference" wrapper to create nftables sets from
> ipset commands, and to render them back as ipset-style output.
>
> I wonder if this should become the job of iptables-nft, eventually

no, thanks

way too much work behind to get a admin-backend calling nano and friends
to maintain that stuff and support a wild mix of ipv4 and ipv6 which is
assigend to the correct ipset

that's a whole and very fancy toolkit and when ruled out the issues of
my last mail probably everything works transparnet with iptables-legacy
and iptables-nft while keep ipset as it is a seperate layer

it's not only about assign, load and save but also about find, list and
count things - if someone wants it native when staring from scratch i
understand why but i don't want to in this lifetime :-)