Re: RFC: nft.8 review

Phil:

Yes, I certainly hope that the netfilter interface is byte level
backwards compatible from the netfilter calls upwards, but there is a
chance that compatibility
is only from userspace libmnl and upwards.

If that is the case, what kernel version release can I expect the
current netfilter message packing structures to be changed
where the current version 4.x kernel based libmnl would no longer work?

It would be lovely if the kernel netfilter team documented the byte
level interface that libmnl is written, but I don't have sponsorship
dollars.

Merry Christmas,

Marco