Re: RFC: nft.8 review

Will the V8 NFT have byte level protocol compatibility with current
linux kernel versions?

I am deployed on kernel  4.4.0-53-generic and would like to know when
structural defines like RTM_NEWADDR,NLM_F_REQUEST, etc become updated
or obsoleted.

As you can likely tell, I am not using libmnl or libnft but using
direct NETFILTER kernel calls.

What a challenge to scan the code and reverse-engineer the byte
sequences and understand the way the NFT virtual machine works in the
kernel.