Re: [nft] regarding sets names length

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015, Patrick McHardy wrote:

> > > Agreed, I think its a good idea to use 32 as for the other object types.
> >
> > I'd suggest 128 or even 256 chars. In ipset the set name is limited to 32
> > too but I had received a few complains and plan to increase it.
>
> I guess we will follow suit then since we should be compatible to ipset
> anyways. Did you already decide for a value?

I thought 32 chars should be enough for everybody ;-) so I'm unsure about
the good enough value. 128 seems just pretty long, but the name length is
actually not critical, it could be 256. What do you think?

Best regards,
Jozsef
-
E-mail  : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, kadlecsik.jozsef@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address : Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
          H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary