Re: [Repost] Fix userspace compilation of ip_tables.h/ip6_tables.h in C++ mode

Pablo,

On Tue, Nov 4, 2014 at 12:31 PM, Pablo Neira Ayuso <pablo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 03, 2014 at 10:13:43PM -0600, Matthew Weber wrote:
>> Re-posting a link to a patch that was posted to lkml & linux-netdev at
>> first, then posted to netfilter-devel.
>>
>> http://marc.info/?t=134904906300003&r=1&w=1
>>
>> It seems to have been rejected:   http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/188216/
>>
>> We're building a custom C++ application which pulls in the iptables
>> header that requires this change.  We wanted to see if we could get it
>> incorporated so we don't carry the patch as part of our build.
>
> I'm reticent to apply a kernel patch to resolve C++ compilation
> issues. You can easily fix this by keeping a cached copy of this
> header file in your userspace application.
We've also noticed since I originally posted this thread that it is
definitely a kernel patch and not something that should live with the
iptables package.

> What existing C++ FOS software is using the native binary iptables
> interface?
Not sure, I ran into this when porting a proprietary application.

>> I can gladly resubmit the patch but the one in patchworks is still
>> correct.
>
> I guess you're using an older kernel version, this nows resides in
> include/uapi/linux.

I appreciate the clarification, thanks!

--
Matthew L Weber / Pr Software Engineer
Airborne Information Systems / Security Systems and Software

Note: Any Export License Required Information and License Restricted
Third Party Intellectual Property (TPIP) content must be encrypted and
sent to matthew.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.